Highlights of 2022
- June 2022 - Present : World premiere of Eva Luna by Caridad Svich (adapted from the novel by Isabel Allende). Opened June 3, 2022 and running indefinitely in the repertory at Repertorio Español in NYC. For tickets visit repertorio.org (In Spanish with English subtitles)
- October 2022: Directing the second production of the opera I Am A Dreamer Who No Longer Dreams, by Jorge Sosa and Cerise Lim Jacobs, at Resonance Works in Pittsburgh
- October 2022: Workshop production of Adrienne Dawes' This Bitch: Esta Sangre Quiero, adapted from Lope de Vega's El perro del hortelano, at the University of Arkansas.
- Jan/Feb 2022: Fuenteovejuna by Lope de Vega with original music by Julián Mesri at Princeton University (Spanish-language production)'
Highlights of 2020-2022
- Creating, directing, and producing Carla’s Quince with The Voting Project, an ensemble-devised immersive virtual theater experience to mobilize Latinx voters to the polls. We had a virtual national tour in the fall of 2020, in partnership with voting rights orgs, regional theaters, and universities. To top it off, we were nominated for a 2021 Drama League Award! Visit www.carlasquince.com.
- Joining the Center for Performance and Civic Practice as part of its new Leadership Circle, alongside 9 amazing artists/facilitators/community organizers/changemakers.
- Going back to in-person productions in the fall of 2021, with the world premiere of The Garbologists by Lindsay Joelle (Philadelphia Theatre Company) and the U.S. premiere of Kamloopa by Kim Senklip Harvey (WAM).
- Working with some incredible playwrights & composers to develop their work, including Preston Max Allen & Jessica Kahkoska, Raquel Almazan, Camilo Almonacid, Oscar A.L. Cabrera, Fernanda Coppel, Adrienne Dawes, Gina Femia, Julián Mesri, Andrew Rincón, & Noelle Viñas.
- Working with students at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Brooklyn College, & the University of Arkansas as a guest director.
- Receiving the inaugural Pfaelzer Award from New York Stage and Film and joining the Drama League Directors' Council and Board of Directors.